Alleviate Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread on sale. Our home economists bake this moist corn bread in an ovenproof skillet to tie into the Western barbecue theme. A jalapeno pepper adds a bit of zip. A jalapeno pepper adds a bit of zip.
This Jalapeno Cheddar Skillet Cornbread is wonderfully moist and flavoured with jalapeno and cheese for loads of flavour! Bakes up perfectly in a cast iron skillet! Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread recipe: Add a little spice to your cornbread with a dash of jalapeno flavour. You finish toasting burn Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread working 14 compound moreover 7 moreover. Here you are put it over.
prescription of Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread
- use 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 Cup of cornmeal.
- also 1/4 cup of sugar.
- then 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- give 1 teaspoon of salt.
- a little 1 Cup of milk.
- use 1 cup of beer.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten.
- a little 1/4 stick of butter unmelted.
- add 1 Cup of butter melted.
- give 8 of ozs shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Jalapenos 3-4 tablespoons roughly chopped or fresh.
- give A few of jalapeno slices for the top, optional.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of additional shredded cheese of choice, optional.
Pour batter into the prepared pan. Betty demonstrates her gorgeous and tasty Cheddar-Jalapeno Skillet Cornbread. It is a blend of eggs, cornmeal mix, cream-style corn, milk, vegetable oil. Skillet cornbread, baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet, is a traditional Southern favorite.
Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread process
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients including chopped jalapenos and cheese but not the 1/4 cup of additional cheese and fresh jalapenos..
- Quickly add the wet mix to the dry and stir until the batter is almost smooth. It will be very thick..
- Heat oven to 425* and let the batter rest while oven heats up..
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with the 1/4 stick of butter. I drop the butter in my skillet and heat the pan up in the oven until the butter just starts to sizzle. You don't have to heat pan and skillet but it's how I make mine..
- Remove buttered pan from oven if using my heated pan w/butter, with an oven mitt of course. Scrape the batter into the sizzling buttered skillet and smooth the top..
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If using additional cheese and jalapenos, Bake for about 15 mins remove from oven place the optional jalapenos and optional 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top and place back into the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean..
Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread recipe: Try this Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread recipe, or contribute your own. Gluten-free skillet cornbread just got fancy with the addition of bacon, jalapeno peppers, and pepperjack to the All Reviews for Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Skillet Cornbread. Cornbread and chili peppers are best buds, especially jalapeno peppers. Remove skillet from oven and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Scrape in batter (it should sizzle on contact and stay slightly mounded in the center).