Best of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) website. This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant (Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and Add eggplant and mix well. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Eggplant cubes are stir-fried until browned, then simmered in a spicy Asian-inspired sauce with onion and garlic "Stir-fried eggplant with onion in a delicious spicy sauce.
Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. You take on frying griddle Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 method moreover 7 along with. Here you go do one proud.
ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- You need 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- also 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- then 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- also 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- also 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- give 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- a little 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- use 2 tablespoons of water.
- give of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- add of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- use of Carrots cut into stripes.
- a little of Green onions.
- use of Steamed white rice.
- give of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- This of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Meanwhile remove all but ½ tspn of oil from wok. Add eggplant and simmer for another. Stir the chicken back into the pan, and add the fish and soy sauce mixture. Uncover, and stir in the basil.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) modus operandi
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!😋😋.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!👌.
Meanwhile, heat a large wok or stainless-steel skillet over high. Add the canola oil, sesame oil, eggplant, and chicken to the wok and cook, stirring often, until evenly cooked and lightly browned. Keywords: Szechuan eggplant, stir fry eggplant, Chinese eggplant, stir fried eggplant, Chinese eggplant with garlic sauce. I've looked at several recipes for spicy eggplant, your recipe caught my eye because of how differently you handled coating it with cornstarch and cooking it on a flat pan. Spicy stir-fried Korean eggplant side dish!