Deal with Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies on sale. Who can resist soft chocolate sandwich cookies filled with a layer of fluffy white frosting? Mom has made these for years.they're a treat that never lasted very long with me and my two brothers around. Old-Fashioned Whoopie Pies Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
The whoopie pie is two pieces of cake holding sweet filling. I grew up on these treats. My mother made them often and I thank her for that. You accomplish steeping curry Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies working 16 method moreover 8 so. Here you go reach.
compound of Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies
- a little of cookies.
- a little 6 tbsp of shortening.
- use 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- a little 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- a little 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- then 1/2 tsp of salt.
- This 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- add 6 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- add 1 of large egg.
- give 1 tsp of vanilla.
- add of filling.
- use 3/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- a little 6 tbsp of marshmallow fluff.
You might own a whoopie pie pan but let me tell you, those are for wusses. Maine whoopie pies are the size of a salad plate. It takes two hands to eat a Maine. An old fashioned recipe for gobs (also known as whoopie pies!).
Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies one at a time
- Preheat over to 375°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Set aside..
- Put all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat together with electric mixer until just incorporated. Batter Will be very thick..
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into 12 evenly distributed mounds on the first greased cookie sheet. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. While in oven fill second cookie sheet in same manner. You should get 24 cookies total. You can make smaller and get one more dozen for 36 total. If you must reuse the first cookie sheet let it cool before baking next batch..
- When first cookies are done swap out In oven with second cookie sheet. Let first batch cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then carefully transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely. Repeat with following batch(es) when done as well..
- While cookies cool, place all filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy (it should look about doubled in size from.when.you started when whipped properly)..
- When cookies are completely cool, spread about one tablespoon of filling on the bottom (flat) side of one cookie. Pick a second cookie about the same shape and gently press bottom side on top of filling. Repeat until all cookies and filling are used up..
- Enjoy fresh or wrap individually in plastic wrap to save for later. Place in fridge if desired (we like them cold lol)..
- Note: You can substitute butter for the shortening. Allow the butter to set out for about an hour to soften before use. I personally do not like margarine for this recipe (or any baked good lol), but it can be used as well..
They consist of two cakey chocolate cookies sandwiched around an old-fashioned vanilla filling. Today I'm sharing my grandmother's recipe, no marshmallow fluff in this one! Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe: A chocolate cake cookie sandwich, with what I like to call that nasty shortening cream filling of AWESOMENESS! Old-Fashioned Whoopie Pies Recipe -Who can resist soft chocolate sandwich cookies filled with a layer of fluffy white frosting? I used butter cream frosting instead.so so yummy!